Thursday, May 5, 2016

Good Grooming For Girls

All over You Tube are videos from the Perlinger Archives. While some of them seem sexist and hokey, it is because they are. But the are a few gems in the group and I highly recommend checking some of them out. One of my recent favorites is Good Grooming for Girls. Why? Because you can actually apply the advice today. Especially the make-up tips. Though that part of the video is a glorified advertisement for Ponds, you can move past that and take away some great ideas in regards to hair and posture as well.


Now, I am not someone who laments how much "better" things were back in the day. Every decade, hell every century, has it's positives and cons. Social and Civil issues were NOT what they are now and look how far we still have to go with some of them.
But I digress...
I myself really love the fashions of the 30's, 40's and 50's, sans the tight girdles and kotex pads that attached with a belt.




I can't even fathom having to wear this contraption. Maybe it has a place in B&D play now?
Look, it comes in stainless steel!!



My, my how this post has taken a turn. Oh well, it is Thursday, so why not? Have a great day!

Cheers!
MIssFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment