Saturday, January 23, 2016

Lots 'O Stuff

The blizzard has arrived.



What you cannot see is the wind blowing the snow everywhere and making it impossible to really see. So while the small amount of snow looks like nothing, the wind is the ominous partner here. Are we worried? Nope. It's winter. In New Jersey. This happens. For the Southern states it's a nightmare because they are not used to this so this scenario sucks for them. They are also getting way more snow than we are and I just checked the news, it is pretty bad in places like Kentucky, DC, Virginia and Maryland and our Eastern Seaboard. Aces.

My query letter was put to the side and I began to work out kinks in the novel. I am planning to get back to the query next week and clean it up as recommended. I did joke with a friend last night that I feel like I am writing the 20 year novel. I admit it gets discouraging sometimes, but I soldier on with the belief that I will get it ship shape and out sooner than I can imagine. Right now I imagine February. Any time in February. My only obstacle is getting the time, but it is on me to find that time. And that is that.

Thanks to our new obsession with eating real foods more, thank you high cholesterol and Michael Pollan, I have a few recipes to share. I know, it has been awhile.

Chickpea, Potato and Cabbage Curry from Food.com

Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas from Minimalist Baker. This was outstanding and I made my own tahini too. Living large in this house! A note: I did not roast the garlic with chickpeas as I only had the chopped up jar stuff. It worked just fine.

I have not made this Spiced Almond Latte from Dishing Up The Dirt, but it would be perfect for a day like today.

I just finished binge watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Twilight Zone on Netflix. Now I am back to American Horror Story: Coven.

We are waiting on some books from the library. Sort of bummed they did not come in time for storm, but oh well.

Hope you are safe and sound. Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!
MissFifi


2 comments:

  1. Hey MissFifi!! Love the photos. We haven't had much snow here, oddly enough. The flooding on your NJ coast looks quite horrible, I have to say. Snow is a lot prettier, that's for sure. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is always nicer :)
    Our shore cannot catch a break these last few years.
    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete