Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Query Is Out

Yes. I have sent it off to Mr. Sambuchino for a thrashing. Am I nervous? I would be a big haired liar if I said I was not. To have an actual professional take a gander at what I have struggled with is scary and also giggle inducing. I chalk that up to nerves and my third large cup of tea. Now it is work on synopsis time as well as a the outline of the sequel to Deconstructing Angels. Oh I'm sorry, did I fail to mention there is a second part to this story? Yes there is my dears. Also a touch scary, but if all is a go with the first book, I will be ready to write out part deux.
In the meantime, the next story is all lined up and ready to begin. Problem is, I am not sure if it should be a book or a script? I think it will tell me while I take a few days to catch my breath and prepare myself for more query overhauls. Breathe in and out, in and out...


Dean Winchester makes everything all better. 


When people scoff at those who go into the Arts, they fail to realize just how much time, effort and sanity goes into those fields. Who in their ever-loving right mind wants to work on things for years which may or may not give you a payout? Artists. We are the only human beings who get that art matters. Even to those who don't think they care for art. Your boss may say he can't tell a Miro from a mirror, but he drives a fancy colored sports car with a sleek design and upscale touches throughout. That's art baby, not just technical "put the lever" here stuff.

Arts are not for the weak I tell you, but you all already knew that. My favorite quote in regards to how art burrows itself deep into someone is from the movie Frida. Alfred Molina who is playing the artist Diego Rivera is asked by Frida, played by Salma Hayek, to give his opinion on her work.

"What do you care about my opinion? If you're a real painter, you'll paint because you can't live without painting. You'll paint till you die."


And here is the scene:






Create on my friends, create on.

Cheers!
MissFifi





No comments:

Post a Comment