Skip to main content

A Lovely Experience and a Discovery

Yesterday I head off to the arts & crafts store Michael's. They sell glow sticks that can be converted to bracelets and were a real hit last year with the trick or treaters. So I decided to pick some up again for last night. A woman with her two daughters were in front of me making a decent sized purchase. I heard the mother say to the daughter, "You can find it on my phone." I assumed she meant the coupons Michael's sends out every week. Another minute passed then it was my turn at the register. When I was tallied up, I bought 4 things of glow sticks, the same woman leaned over with her phone and handed it to the cashier and said, "Here use this." She had kindly passed her coupon that I guess she did not use onto me. Fortunately I had my wits about me to say thank you and paid 40% less than what my order was. In my wallet was a Michael's coupon I did not pull out. For some inexplicable reason I did not think it would apply to the glow sticks. Brain fart there. I turned around and passed my unused coupon to a young woman who had a hand basket filled with stuff. She was delighted. I had never experienced a true "Pay it Forward" moment and I have to say it feels really good to be the recipient and the giver. Refreshing really. Hooray humanity!

Next topic.

In the last few months I have noticed tiny holes at the bottoms of my shirts. While I allow for the fact that some of these shirts are thin and come from the cheap store Old Navy, I could not for the life of me figure out why on earth these holes were appearing. Did we have moths? Did my seat belt gain an appetite for cloth? Are you ready for this? The thin cotton material rubbing against my jeans button while I lean against the counter doing dishes or cooking is what has caused this destruction of my wardrobe. And there are quite a few blog posts and articles about this phenomenon online. This is a pretty detailed one. Short of wearing skirts all the time, the only other solution would be a nice, yet heavy duty apron. I would prefer a heavier cotton and well made clothes, but I don't think that would matter much. I am vexed by this discovery and...



That is all.

Cheers!
MissFifi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi