Skip to main content

Because It Is Friday

And the day before Halloween.  BOO!

And everyone in mi casa are getting over having wretched colds. Yuck.

Okay, it is serious time here. As a mature woman I understand that there are people who take the Bible word for word. I still think they cherry pick, but let's not get too specific shall we? I am usually pretty okay if while speaking with you I find your views differ than mine, but I do not approve of them if they are akin to sharia law. Allow me to intro you to a hardcore right wing pastor, named Kevin Swanson, who pretty much touts a Christian ideal not dissimilar to some of the intense parts of sharia. Not a big deal  you think? Oh yeah, here are some things he has said:

Kevin Swanson repeated his criticisms of the Girl Scouts, which he previously said to be a "wicked" organization that is "turning young girls into lesbian communists."
Me: The only wicked thing the Girl Scouts has done is made their cookies smaller.

He also stated that Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina were divine punishments of "pro-homosexual cities."
Me: So what is his explanation for the F2 and up tornadoes that routinely whip down the Bible Belt?

Working women hate men and their children and are destroying America.
Me: I see, so single moms and women whose husband's have died and had to go to work have ruined the moral fiber of our Nation? Not the people who rape or commit murder or molest children. Gotcha.

Halloween is a celebration of the victims of Noah's flood.
Me: I got nothing. Well, except that Christianity adopted a lot of Pagan practices, but you need to figure that out for yourself Mr. Swanson.

This shining ray of love and light will be hosting the National Religious Liberties Conference in Des Moines, Iowa next week where he has invited GOP candidates like Mick Huckabee, Bobby Jindal and Ted Cruz to speak.
Let's beat the dead horse shall we?
Religion has NO business being mixed with politics. People have different ways that they connect with God, if they even believe, and one way is not the right way or a better way.
I am tired, so tired, of being told I am going to hell because I have gay friends or support education. You Sir want your parishioners uneducated so you can control the masses. I want them educated so they can decide for themselves if Beyonce is a spawn from Satan or just a talented artist who gives a boring interview. Why the fear of an educated parishioner? Scared of them questioning you? Shouldn't that be a good thing?

If you are not an American you need to understand the GOP has a big old hard on for the Founding Fathers. Funny, they only love the quotes or ideas that align with their ideals. Yeah I know, all political parties do this, but the GOP, they always forget an important one like separation of church and state, which is IN OUR CONSTITUTION. Nor do they seem to recall that most of those folks that fled to the Americas because they had enough of their own country's bullshit and decided, hey, maybe religion infringes too much on our personal lives or we want to do our own thing.
Here are some quotes from the Founding Fathers that someone posted in the comments on article about Mr. Kevin Swanson on Gawker. I agree with each one.


“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.”
-John Adams
“In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty.”
-Thomas Jefferson
“Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion and Government in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history”
-James Madison


Granted, if you believe in God, have faith of any kind and practice in an organized way, good on you. I do my own thing and on my own terms. That is the beauty of being allowed to believe or not believe. The one thing that should be a constant is to show mercy and love as Jesus did, but that is so far gone from most hardcore belief systems that it is frightening. We can certainly debate about death penalties, homosexuality, abortions, divorce, why forgiveness should happen and is so damn hard, etc, but at it's most simplest, getting your hate on is not religion. That is more like someone else my dears.



Peace and enjoy your weekend.
Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …