Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Quick Yummy Dinner

Our CSA has given us A LOT of zucchini. Instead of substituting it out, I take it because let's face it, it is a very versatile veggie. The other night I made a Creamy Zucchini with Linguine. One of the ingredients it called for was Parmesan cheese which I did not have. On a whim I did a search and came across various vegan cheese recipes. The one I chose and that was fantastic was a Vegan Parmesan Cheese that used just four simple ingredients. Cashews (Or any other nut you choose), nutritional yeast, sea salt and garlic powder. No, it is not cheese, but it has the same bite and flavor required of Parmesan. Hubby liked it, kiddo liked it and so did I. You can store leftovers in the fridge for a month so that is also a nice plus. The meal as a whole was inexpensive and even more delicious the next day. I highly recommend making this recipe.

We have been going through a hear wave here in New Jersey which is no fun. I love summer, but 85F+ with humidity is not my bag. Right now I would kill for 70F and fall. I don't want to hurry fall or winter per se as I love my flowers and the days not being short, but heat like this is awful. I don't know how folks live in the Deep South or Oman. Of course when we get a blizzard this winter I will wish for summer so there it is.

I have been busy with school stuff and hope to have it all mailed out soon. I am amazed at how much one has to do for a little preschool. I am appreciative to be a part of this as I am learning a lot. I also realize I could never work in education. So much red tape and constant budgetary concerns. Not that places like Comcast don't worry about their budget, but they are playing with a helluva lot more cash.

If you are a part of this heatwave, stay hydrated and cool. Thank God there is a breeze today. A hot breeze, but still. If you are in much more pleasant weather enjoy it fully. I am now going to play Star Wars Potato Head with my son. :)

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment