Saturday, July 18, 2015

Links and Things

Howdy Ho! Here are some things for you to gander at over the weekend. I have been doing a lot of yard work. Removed the brick border around the rock garden and added river rocks which look much nicer. For the last three years I have been trying to get rid of those damn yucca plants on the mound near the pear tree without much success. Wretched things belong in Arizona not New Jersey.

Here is what the area looked like the day I went on a ripping out spree. Our son was giddy as I cleared away all the weeds and removed rocks and opened up a world of insects to him. My heart goes out to the families of some pill bugs, millipedes, beetles of various kinds and ants.

That is our son on the bottom right, probably playing with a worm. He did put them back in the dirt at my request.


Sticking with the bug theme. Here is a nice tutorial to make beetle pancakes on The Kid Should See This.

We are slightly obsessed with Wolf Alice and the song "Moaning Lisa Smile".



The Guardian has a series called "Secret Teacher" which I discovered to day by reading this crazy article: "Elizabeth is 12 and homework is stealing her childhood". Why anyone would over schedule their child/children like this is beyond me. The comments on the article were insightful as well.

Made a delicious Basil, Shrimp and Zucchini pasta the other night. I used pennette pasta instead of what they recommended.

Different from the normal all white and glass green houses we see, check out "How to Build a Lean-to Greenhouse" in Backwoods Home magazine.

Fat Free Vegan Kitchen has a "Ridiculously Easy Jalapeno Pickles" recipe.

Have a terrific weekend!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment