Skip to main content

Back From Vacation

Hello everyone! We just got back yesterday from visiting family and friends in North Caroline and Georgia. Family was in North Carolina and that was great because we got to swim, hang out and went to visit the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. We also did take out from Patrick Jane's Gourmet Pizza Bar. Thinnest crust ever and it was fabulous! After three days we headed to Cumming, Georgia to see good friends and we had a blast. We swam there as well, ate well, drank, chatted, laughed and went to the Georgia Aquarium. All in all a very necessary vacation and a good one. It takes 9 hours to drive to Raleigh and Delaware and Maryland had a bunch of traffic on the way down. Partner that with monsoon rains and well, it was fun. Atlanta was 5 1/2- 6 hours from Raleigh and we made good time. The three year old boy and 12 year old dog traveled beautifully and never once complained. Now that was a gift.

This morning I was thrilled to see all my flowers blooming like crazy. I also noticed the deer had found the hostas, the bastards, now I have to try and protect what I can. The worst thing I realized this morning was that house sparrows and evicted our bluebirds. :( I kept running outside to chase them away, but unfortunately it seems as if the bluebirds will not be back. To prevent the invasive house sparrow from thinking my yard is a haven, I removed the nesting box and stood it on the ground. Luckily no bluebird carcasses were inside, but now I have to rethink where to hang the bluebird nesting box for next year. Right now 10 of them are hovering by the box on the ground and a deer just strolled through my yard. Wildlife. Gotta work with it. Good times.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures of my blooms.









May you have a wonderful day.

Cheers!
MissFifi



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi