Friday, June 19, 2015

The Doctor Is In

The Nurse Practitioner I saw today was lovely. She listened to my complaints, asked about my health history, sprayed my nostrils with some gross tasting numbing stuff and stuck a scope through my nose and down my throat.

Best.Friday.Ever.

She pulled the scope and once again inquired about my tonsils. I had them removed when I was 6 years old and also had tubes in my ears. Her response to that was as follows, "Well, I am not sure if they did a partial back then, but you have your adenoids and it looks like one of your tonsils has grown back and they are all swollen. You also have acid reflux because your throat is all irritated."  She may have even explained things further and I answered, but I was so stuck on the fact that my stupid tonsil(s) grew back that I think I forgot stuff. I was prescribed Prilosec one a day and a lovely with crazy side effects antibiotic called Clindamycin.
I am going to start the regimen tomorrow and hope all goes well. Truth be told I have never had issues with medications before, but I am older and more wary. I am hopeful the weird throat feeling will go away, especially with the antibiotic. I did ask her if my thyroid was fine and she said it looked good. Anyway, I go back in six weeks and if nothing is better then I guess we go to the next steps. All I can say is, fingers crossed!!

And FYI, my front teeth got numb as well. Weirder than when one get novocaine.

Have a great weekend!!

Cheer!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment