Skip to main content

No More Meds For You

So I have to stop the Clindamycin. Why you ask? Well be prepared for TMI kids. I have had persistent diarrhea for 24 hours. There is something odd about waking up at 2am to evacuate your bowels, but that is not even the best part. There was blood in my last few stools/loose poop. I don't mess around with blood being wear it should not so a call went in and I was told to stop the drug immediately.
Thank friggin' God.
There were other less annoying, but still annoying side effects like feeling a little foggy, noisy tummy and a metallic taste in my mouth. Ugh.
Anyway, because of GI issues, I will not be given another antibiotic. I am to start a bland diet and if after two days these issues do not resolve the NP wants me to see my GP and have stool samples done to make sure I did not end up with a secondary intestinal infection. C. Diff and Colitis can happen with this particular drug. Unpleasant isn't it? Oh and I also got my period so my system is just a raging hormonal, unbalanced ball. LOL I get to stay on the prilosec though.
My darling husband was kind enough to get me yogurt this morning to help rebuild, if that is even possible, the good gut flora.
There will be no working out tonight either because if I am bleeding internally, well ab work would pretty much push me into the ER, no?
Life is a comedy my friends and all we can do is laugh.
Or shit our brains out.
And that is that.
Have a beautiful, normal poop day!!

Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

A Good Book Here, A Good Book There

Took a hiatus. Yeah, I am sure you all noticed. Been trying to get things moving along and with that I had to slack and so I slacked on the blog. Now allow me to share our little artificial tree that our son and his grandma decorated with glee.


In the last two months or so, I no longer bring my computer upstairs. Instead I have started to read at night. While this may not sound like any big deal, it is a little for me. I love to read, but due to school, home, obligations, and writing a novel, I somehow pushed reading an actual book to the side.  Like a lot of folks I got more caught up in the rabbit hole of the internet. Now, I do love getting sucked down various rabbit holes, but I also felt that I needed to actually unplug.
Allow me to sidebar a bit here.

I had been struggling with my book for a very long time. In the last 6 months or so it got worse. I had lost the true nature of the story and could no longer hear the character voice. I am not the first writer this has happened to…