Skip to main content

What Time Is It?!

For some reason our three year old has woken up at the ungodly hour of 5:45am the past two days. If spell check did not exist, there would be an ENORMOUS amount of errors throughout this post. My addled brain has things it wants to share so I am going to do that and then fight wanting to nap most of the day.

This past Christmas, a darling friend gave us a $100 gift certificate to Xaviar's Restaurant Group in New York State. We have done brunch at Restaurant X a few times and nothing compares to it anywhere. Seriously, it is that good. When a huge group of us went once, our friend informed them we were vegetarian. Apparently the cook was excited and had a good time making things for my husband and I. A few others at the table got jealous. LOL
Anyway, the hubby and I decided we would give one of the other restaurants in teh group a go so we booked the Sunday Lunch at Xaviar's at Piermont for yesterday. We dropped the little boy off at our friend's who got us the gift card since the restaurant is five minutes from their home.
The place itself is intimate with just 8 tables. The Sunday Lunch is a prix fixe menu for $40.00 and worth every single penny. The service and food are sublime. My appetizer was a spring ramp and mushroom risotto. It was the best risotto I have ever had. For my main dish I had soft shelled crab, the dish came with two, lightly fried on a bed of spinach and roasted tomatoes and avocado. I have never had anything so amazing in my life. The portions are not enormous, but we were full for the rest of the day so Brava to them. And HALLELUJAH, I finally had a Bloody Mary. Mama was VERY happy. :) So if you are going to be in the Piermont, NY area, I recommend you make a reservation and feel fancy. Oh, the other best thing, as elegant as this place was, you did not have to dress fancy and it was actually loud, not a "no talking above a whisper" kind of place which I thought was even more awesome.

My $12 drink and my was it delicious.


If you ever had the fortune or misfortune to work in the entertainment industry, as I did many moons ago, you know that what you see is not what you get with most famous people. The site Jezebel put out a call to all their readers to tell them The Best Time a Celebrity Was a Dick To You. OH YEAH. Some of these stories are hilarious, some of them make you wish you could hang out with them as your BFF, others you want to punch in the head, others blindside you with their whatfuckery and others and their self importance are not surprising at all.  What always bugged me when working in said industry was how much of the general public assumes these people are so much better and different than you. Nope. They just happen to have a more public job that pays ridiculously well. Remember, assholes are in every bleedin' industry. These tales are an eye opener for those folks wearing the rose colored "famous people are better" goggles and amusement to those of us who already know just how screwed up a lot of the famous are. I saw A LOT of band itineraries and some of their back stage/green room requests were beyond divaish-asshole behavior. Specific colors of flowers, only certain types of tea, candles, food. FYI - Those in charge of the actual venue where the performance had to have every single one of those things at the ready or else heads would roll.
The food requirements always got me because there was always an abundance and I often wondered how much of it even gets touched or thrown away.  After reading a few it made me want to grab a few of these morons and say, "You are not that important, you sing, you are not performing brain surgery."  As an aside, singer Joan Osborne's tour requests were not over the top which made her seem like the most rational human. I remember she had a request for an inordinate amount of teas, but it wasn't something impossible like everything had to be white. Yes, Someone actually had that in their backstage rider. Flowers, room, sofa, everything white. Would it surprise you that it was J Lo? Yeah, didn't think so. (I know this is not new news, but that rider is real and imagine having to get all that shit. People can be such nitwits.) Just cause your famous does not mean you should act like a tool, but I always believed if you are like that now, you have ALWAYS been that way. Fame or not.
Anyhoo, scroll right down the article to the 3700+ comments and have a freakin' ball my friends.

Well, that is all I got right now. My son just asked if we could go outside. Dear God in heaven, he wants me to get dressed. I can only answer him in Tina Belcher speak.




May you have a lovely day and may I stay awake.

Cheers!
MissFifi




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …