Skip to main content

Random Things

Such glorious weather these last few days. My little forget-me-nots keep popping up in different areas of where I planted them originally. I like them and wish they would bloom bigger and longer.



My son has a cold. Never fun being sick when the weather is fabulous outside, but I am hoping he will lay low, whatever that means to a 3 year old, until he is better.

I am in the middle of reading "Trigger Warning" by Neil Gaiman. A sweet collection of short stories. Joking. There is nothing sweet here so far. Honestly what goes on in that man's head is pretty impressive.  'A Lunary Labyritnh' and 'A Calendar of Tales' are favorites so far. 'The Thing About Cassandra' still has me wondering if I got it right and after a quick internet search I saw I was not alone in my wonder.
Unfortunately the book is due back Friday, so I feel like I a in a marathon rush to finish getting through all the stories. If not, I hope I can renew it, but it was a 14 day loan and I am sure there is a waiting list.

The other day I went out to my composter and spotted these little hand prints. Seems raccoons have been called by the sensual decomposition of fruits and veggies. I am surprised they did not get the twist cover off the thing because I imagine them to be quite clever little devils.



True Blood Season 2 is getting better. I still skip some stuff, but it has it's very funny, campy, twisted moments.

Need to plant stuff this weekend in the garden and in other areas we would like flowers. There is no guarantee this will get done.

I have been reading Mad Men recaps every Monday since I don't have cable. I cannot wait to see how they shut down the series. May Netflix get it as soon as it is done.

Our son is obsessed with vacuuming. No complaints here.

I need to buy sneakers still. Not a purchase I relish, but at some point I shall make my way to Marshal's and suck it up.

As someone who would rather have hardscaping and meadows and flowers instead of just grass, this article on Houzz about creative ides for a small front yard is inspiring. What I do love most about our "lawn" is it is filled with violets and clover. I don't understand how anyone hates that. Seriously. I get the rolling carpet of green is attractive to someone, but that someone is not me. I would rather not have to mow something all the time. I don't my hubby does, but still.

This cashew carrot salad from Fat Free Vegan looks nice for the warmer months.

Have a gorgeous day.

Cheers!
MissFifi




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi