Friday, March 13, 2015

Shrimp Tacos

I had tacos shells left over from Trader Joe's. Now, while I love Trader Joe's, their products do tend to spoil right on time and sometimes before. (Looking at you moldy cheddar cheese...) Their taco shells, according to the box need to be used within 4-7 days of opening. No pressure. I decided it would be nice to make shrimp tacos. The Google gods turned up many a recipe, but nothing was really biting me. Until....

Bonefish Grill makes a dish called Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. A blogger, known as Cinnamon-Spice and Everything Nice, is obsessed with them and duplicated the recipe which you can find here.

HOLY HOT SAUCE THESE ARE AWESOME.

I did not have sweet chili sauce and it did not matter. I cut up some green cabbage to stuff into the taco, made a side of black beans with shallots and threw some rice in the rice cooker with turmeric. Hands down this is one of the best meals I have ever made and my hubby was beyond giddy. I must thank Cinnamon-Spice and Bonefish because shrimp has never tasted so damn good.

That is all I got friends. Have a great weekend.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment