Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cookie Time!

Windows are open throughout the house. We have played outside. It is 50 degrees baby!!!

Amazing what a little warmth and sunshine does for one's soul.

My son's school is a cooperative. This means every month I get to participate in the classroom and also bring a snack. We fell a little shortsighted on our last shopping trip and forgot to get a snack for the class. Not wanting to go spend more money, I decided to take on the task of baking chocolate chip cookies. This is a very big deal in our house. I don't like making cookies. I think they use up all my butter and for what? A dozen or so treats? No thanks. (This is as irrational a thought as one could have and I know this and I don't care.) Since I figured the kiddies would enjoy this, I set off on a quest for recipes and realized as I looked that I have no white sugar.

Bollocks.

I then googled recipes for sugar free cookies, but that only brought results for cookies made with spelenda, agave, and honey. Again, not what I want or have in the house at the moment. I finally came across just a brown sugar chocolate chip cookie on Bakingblonde's website and I proceeded forward.

I got out my not used much and held mixer and readied all the ingredients. Since I do not have vanilla extract, I used 2 teaspoons of maple syrup instead. Diana's Desserts has a great list of ingredient substitutions here. I also threw in some unsweetened cocoa powder.
I should have taken a photo because when I was done combining and mixing, the dough was very crumbly and all I kept thinking was, "I just used three cups of flour and two sticks of butter and if these taste like crap I am going to be annoyed with myself." But then I thought of how I do knitting and if you screw up, you start over and learn to let the mistakes go. Well, the best you can. So I figured if these were not great cookies, I would be okay. So instead of a scoop I ended up using my hands to squeeze the dough together and make little patties or balls. In they went and we waited 12 minutes.

THEY WERE AND ARE DELICIOUS!! BEHOLD!!


This was some of the first batch. My son declared them "Yummy!" and I have to agree. Honestly, I would so make these again. (Who is this woman and where is MissFifi??) I hope the kids like them tomorrow,but if not, more for us!!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment