Skip to main content

A Funny Story

Bloggers have been known to over share. While I try not to get too personal, this weekend an event happened that I have decided is worthy of over share fodder.

I started working out again a few weeks back, which has been great, but then I got bronchitis when the in-laws were here so I did not work out for about 10 days. This past Saturday I was all psyched to get up and attend spin class. Now, spinning can be a touch intense, but the instructors are very clear about not needing to keep up. Since I was just getting over being sick, I took it easy and did not do heavy resistance on the bike and stayed hydrated throughout. 5 minutes before class ended I felt weird. Everything got tingly and tunnel vision began. The instructor's voice became muffled and I realized what was happening. I slowed down, took my right foot off the pedal and woke up on the floor surrounded by uniforms. 
To fill in the blanks, apparently my friend Charlie, who thankfully goes to same gym, saw me just standing there, asked me if I was alright and I did not reply. He  knew something was wrong, got up and tapped my shoulder and I fell against him. They called 911, elevated my legs, made sure I was breathing and an ambulance came and carted me away. Every test they ran came back negative, but I am following up with my doctor tomorrow. No, no bun in the oven Whew!! And the two EKG's and cardiac enzyme tests were all negative, thank goodness for that.
I do think I may have pushed myself a little and was probably still recovering from bronchitis as I had just finished the antibiotics on Thursday night. Again, I do not even go full throttle in spin because you really do need to work up to that strength. I had hydrated myself, no I didn't eat, but I doubt that was the main culprit.

I have had a slight headache since then and of course am all paranoid about it happening again. I am a touch pissed because i had got back into working out to maintain a healthy heart and bones. My body seems to have forsaken me though....
 
The cops, paramedics and medical personnel were all lovely and pretty darn funny which is great for someone like me. The general consensus once they found out I had only five minutes left in class was "Well, at least you got your work out in."

My tax dollars at work. Worth every cent. :)

Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

  1. Scary! Glad all the test came out okay.
    Take it easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. I need to remember I am not 22 and able to bounce back from illness as easily as I used to!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …