Monday, February 9, 2015

Shredded Kale Salad

Another day another ice storm and more school closings. This winter has been particularly unpleasant and I really cannot wait for spring. It was 39 degrees yesterday and I actually opened a few windows to get some fresh air in the house. Come on 40's!!! Hell, I will have short sleeves on by then. Haha

Our local Shop Rite has had very good prices on kale and fennel. I love the fennel because it is 2 for $5 so I buy the biggest ones they have. While both vegetables are good roasted or sauteed, I really like to make a kale and fennel salad, but last night we tried a different salad recipe from Oh She Glows and man was it really, really good. With it we had the basic best salmon loaf, I used the fronds from the fennel in place of the dill, and I highly recommend the combo.

I used just one large head of kale and added four cloves of garlic instead of two for the dressing. I will say if you are using more kale, make extra dressing for the side. It is that tasty.
She does have a recipe for pecan Parmesan, for all the vegans out there, but when I tried making it last night, it came out more like a pecan butter, This was alright by us because it was very good on our toast this morning. :) We used straight up vegetarian parmesan in its place with the cranberries and we threw some almonds in as well. I cannot say enough about how good this salad is so give it a go if you can.

The Best Shredded Kale Salad

If you are getting battered by today's ice and snow, stay safe and warm!


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment