Skip to main content

Pinterest and Me

I am not a prolific pinner. I made some boards, I like what I have and I love the humor sections. What I don't like is going to my homepage and seeing a box pop that tells me I am in safe mode because of suspicious activity and my account may have been hacked. All I have to do is reset my password and I am good to go. I follow the steps and BAM! At the top of my page it says my account has been suspended until January 17.

Oh really?

Now, I get that we are all spoiled rotten people who are used to accessing free sites like Pinterest, Facebook, etc. at will. And because they are free, they will do what they want with our information and our accounts. I am willing to play the game a little bit, but not for too long. Lack of good customer service is a beef of mine and right now Pinterst is failing in the customer service department.

I sent them an email through their site, detailing my issue and asking for help with the account and the reason it was suspended. Here is where they get pretty slick. The minute you his 'send' a generated reply comes through with a response from their help pages, you know in case you didn't check and need everything spelled out for you, but the real kicker is the following:

"If you've reset your password, your account is secure but if you do still need help, respond back to this email and someone from our California office will get back to you soon. These tickets close automatically after two days if you don't respond to them. 

We're a small team and appreciate your patience with us!

Hope this gets you pinning again soon 

The Pinterest Team.

I am going to bet most people see the generated response figure all is well and leave it at that. This then absolves Pinterest if they fail to get back to you. "Well, did you email us?" can be their standard reply. I did respond to that mail and I got nada. So when I sent a second email, I made sure to tell them I sent a prior one that was ignored. I also questioned why no suspension of account email was sent. That would be proper business etiquette. Instead, I find out when I tried to go on the site.

Pinterest has 300+ employees, I have to assume someone in their customer service department could have answered my questions pretty easily. Unless they are busy about tackling the copyright issues that are all over the place on the boards. I do my best to credit the original artists, author, blog, etc. because I think it is rude to repin a picture and just write, "Dream Kitchen!" like you are freakin' thirteen years old. Show some respect and at least put a link to where you got the damn photo from. If the owner asks you to take it down, you take it down. But I sidetracked there, excuse me.

At the end of this day this is not a life threatening crisis, but I expected a quicker response. Silicon Valley is so proud of their cutting edge technologies, but it seems they may need to tweak their old school business skills. Sure it is easier if the car can drive itself or you can use a smartphone to hire a maid service, but there are people using these services and we still want to know you hear us and are actually listening.

Cheers!
MissFifi





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …