Saturday, January 31, 2015

Eve's Diary on Project Gutenberg

Project Gutenberg is a wonderful website that has over 48,000 books you can download for free. While doing research for my novel, I discovered a story that Mark Twain wrote called Eve's Diary. Yes, is it Eve from the legendary couple, Adam and Eve. I read it, I loved it and now I share it with you.

Eve's Diary

Here is where you can read about how in 1906, the book was banned from the Charlton Library in Massachusetts due to the "graphic drawings". Sad because they were lovely, but luckily, the book is back on the shelves there.

Enjoy and Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Miss Fifi! I didn't realize you could download them to an e-reader (I thought you had to read them on-line which drives me bonkers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a few classics thanks to them. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete