Monday, January 12, 2015

A Clean Refrigerator

I am not quite sure what possessed me, but this morning I decided to reorganize and purge my two spice drawers and clean my refrigerator. I must be channeling my dead mother because she found immense pleasure and relaxation in cleaning. Seriously, you could eat off of that woman's floors. Mine? I would prefer you don't.

I a not someone who wants to willingly dismantle an appliance to make it all sparkling new. What compelled me was the amount of dirt, stray herbs, blueberries and dog hair (???) that had made it's way into the refrigerator. Behold the foulness.


My shelves were gross and yes, those are paper towels in my trash. It is my one weakness and while I had a lot of rags, thanks to mice poop, I need to make new ones from some old shirts. Good times.


The best part? When I was all done, even cleaning the shelves i the doors, I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the bottom shelves back in and wrestled with them for a good 15-20 minutes. I am not a mechanical idiot so you can imagine this pissed me off. Here is the refrigerator all nice and clean. It looks like we have no food, we do, just most of it is in the pantry and freezer. We do need to do a Trader Joe's run soon. We do it about every two weeks if we can. If we had, there would be more eggs, cheeses, tofu, soy chorizo. When it is summertime that refrigerator is packed with fresh produce from our CSA and garden so while this looks bare, it is all good.



Please note the rust at the bottom of the fridge. We inherited the refrigerator with the house and while it is ugly, it works and I hope it works for a long time. I would eventually like a SMEG (unfortunate name and stop laughing you perverts) when it goes. I really like colored appliances so it is either that or Big Chill or Elmira. Good thing is, I do not have to worry about that at all right now. At least, I hope not. :)

Cheers!
MissFifi




No comments:

Post a Comment