Monday, December 1, 2014

Achoo!

Once again, my son has caught a cold. He had a fever on Saturday. Now he is just a snotty, coughing mess. Add to this that I have begun having sneezing fits and we all know this means I will soon be joining him in veritable snot land. Tissues for everyone!
The cough he has troubles me because there is not much one can do for it. No OTC meds for any child under the age of 6 if I am correct so that sucks. I tried to give him honey and he acted as if I offered him arsenic on a stick. Mommy will try the honey again later. My favorite thing he does is use his sleeves or beloved bear as a tissue. He even likes to run over and hug me, burying his face in my just washed hair. Parenting is not for germaphobes.

Now good news. Wednesday, at 1pm, John from PermaKill will be here to begin the process of mice elimination.

Hallelujah.

After cleaning my silverware drawer early this morning due to mouse droppings in there, well, these little buggers can kiss my grits. All our forks, knives and spoons are now in mason jars in the cabinet. I would like to thank John Landis Mason for creating the mason jar as we know it and bow in reverence. The poor man died penniless. That is very sad.

For dinner last night I made a Tyler Florence recipe - Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice with Napa Cabbage. It was absolutely delicious. For the rice I cooked it in the rice cooker with turmeric and cumin which gave it a very nice flavor. I did not have shallots so I used leeks and instead of peanuts used cashews. I also did not have peanut oil so I used coconut oil instead. My house smelled lovely and you will have leftovers for lunch which is always a plus.

Cheers!
MissFifi






No comments:

Post a Comment