Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Scenic Ride

My son nodded off in the car the other day. So I decided to take a ride through a surrounding town while listening to holiday tunes. 

Lots of people, thanks to television and movies, think New Jersey is an armpit and lacks any beauty. I beg to differ, but when all you see is the New Jersey Turnpike, I understand. 

As I drove along a particular road it struck me how serene and tranquil the area was at that moment. I decided I had to try and get some photos. The road was not conducive to just pulling over nonstop. Too windy and narrow in some points. When I was certain there was no one coming and going, I stopped, rolled down my window and took a picture. I was only able to take two and they are of the Lamington River. The area is really beautiful and there are a few houses here and there. I loved the tranquility of it all as my little guy slept and I hummed along to "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."




Hope your weekend was wonderful.


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment