Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Snow, Mice and Bergdorf's

We woke up this morning to find mice droppings on our counters, in our son's playroom, on our stove and on a counter that separates the kitchen from the dining room. Gross. What really pissed me off is that I had left a cookie tray out to bake today and lo and behold, they had the audacity to shit all over my Silpat. No one shits on my $25 silicone baking sheet and gets away with it! I have run boiling hot water and soap over it about five times. Hooray for that.  Thanks to a neighbor, we now have four traps that will be set up tonight in the kitchen. And everything, I mean everything is in jars or containers now. Dig the pantry.


I actually like how organized it looks. 
As for any other food that was out, I moved most of the squash into the refrigerator and the apples to a bowl to be placed in the hutch. Frustrating, but for now, the best way to handle this. The less access to food they have, the less I need to kill and they can just move along. At least, they better find another place to make a nest. I really would like to avoid spending cash on a exterminator. Though is anyone has a barn cat I can let loose, please let me know. :)

Today is our first big snow storm here. We are due anywhere from 6-8 inches, down from 8-12, and it does look pretty out. Here is that tree I had posted just about two weeks back with all it's pretty leaves. Now she is covered in light snow.



This may or may not mess with our Thanksgiving plans tomorrow. We are due to head up to Rockland County in New York State which will take about an hour and a half. The roads should be clear, but one never knows since snow is not due to stop until very late and it started even later than predicted, so we may end up home instead of heading out. Sucks because we would love to see our friends, but no reason to risk life and limb to do so.

I watched "Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf's" yesterday and I absolutely loved it! I have shopped there before so I understood the allure of the name and the beauty of the store. Honestly, I was always treated very well so do not feel you need to be a big ol' millionaire to go in and walk around and browse or even purchase anything.
What I really enjoyed was seeing the process of how the Christmas windows are designed. Spectacular craftsmanship goes into the ideas and I was very impressed by the artists they collaborated with. The history of the building itself as well as how the store started was interesting too.


I know a lot of folks are on a screw consumerism kick, especially at Christmas which I agree with and respect, but this type of shopping shown is a different level altogether.  Quite frankly, I refuse to ignore that there are some beautiful products out in the world. So what if I can't buy them? I can still window shop and be happy with all I have. And FYI I want that chair you see Vera Wang sitting in. Stunning. Just stunning.

Well, that is all I have for now my dears. Stay warm, have a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers!
MissFifi




2 comments:

  1. Hoping you have a great long weekend, and also hoping it is mice-poo-free, too, Miss Fifi!
    Here's to a safe and hassle-free drive to your holiday destination!


    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday destination was wonderful and though there was traffic, we did fine.
    I wish we were poop free...

    ReplyDelete