Skip to main content

Mish Mash of Stuff

I have residual snot going on, sexy way to open a paragraph eh?, but the cold has pretty much left the building with out any other collateral damage. Hooray!

I just spent and aggravating fifteen minutes on the Huggies Diaper site. (Dear Huggies IT Dept, your coding sucks.) Why was I on the site you ask? Because when we had gotten brand name diapers as gifts, we logged on to their sites and entered special codes so we could try and win prizes. The catch is you have to buy a lot of boxes of diapers to get points so mine have been languishing at Huggies. I did better with Pampers and got a nice gift certificate to Shutterfly to buy a poster.
Anyway, Huggies was holding my paltry 235 points. So I did what any decent person who does not have enough to get a freebie for themselves would do. I donated the points, via Huggies, who then give diapers to the Naitonal Diaper Bank Network. I am saddened and horrified that there are families out there unable to buy diapers. First off, name brands are ridiculously pricey and may I say that the Target brand rocks, as does their formula, and both are usually almost half the price less than Enfamil, Pampers or Huggies. Second, I realize there are people who are not fortunate enough to have access to multiple shopping options so I needed to get off my high horse and help. And this is really why I gave the points away.  Sure I could get really nuts and insist they do the cloth diaper route. We did that, but that is also not necessarily cheap to start with AND not every daycare will take cloth diapers. Dilemmas come in all shapes and sized and in places you would least expect.

Staying on the donation tip, 'tis the season, we had a clothing drive at my son's preschool with Big Brother Big Sister. The school will get twenty cents for each pound of clothing. While this is a great help to all of us needing to get rid of clothes and shoes and whatnot, and great for the charity to have things to give away and sell, it is interesting to me that fund raising can be done, while using a charity who also fund raisers. The times, they are complex.

I was in the library today doing some knitting and picked up Town and Country Magazine to read. Now, if you are unfamiliar with this little gem of colorful prints and prose, check it out. It is and always has been a magazine for the 1% and I do not lie. Ads for jewelry lines like Van Cleef & Aprels, Verdura and more obscure brands dot the pages. There is coverage of all the High Society folks and where they are eating or vacationing. Hell, you can even learn "How to Dress Like An Italian Aristocrat".  This pleasurable leisure reading. Indulge my dears.

I am seriously considering purchasing some Day of the Dead artwork in Mink's Paperie's Etsy shop.

I can see my husband purchasing this Manipulative Math Set for our son, but him enjoying it more. LOL

Fat Free Vegan Kitchen's Walnut and Kidney Bean Spread looks tasty and versatile.

Have a great day!

Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

  1. "I have residual snot going on"...

    I am an afficionado of good opening phrases. This is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to entertain at all levels. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi