Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another Yummy Dinner and Halloween

The other night I made The Simple Veganista's Ultimate Vegetable Lentil Loaf. It was hardy and damn well delicious.
I used ancho chili powder instead of the optional chipotle because it was what I had on hand. I also chose to use all purpose flour instead of oat flour. I was too lazy to ground down any oats. haha. I greased the pan with coconut oil because it seemed like a nice addition of a good old healthy fat.
The glaze is spectacularly good. I can imagine it on fish, a hamburger, anything really.  I also pan roasted a side of brussels sprouts to go with it. I used frozen brussels. I had them out on the counter for about 15-20 minutes, then I rinsed them in cold water and cooked them in ghee and maple pepper with garlic blend. Oh my!

Our son truly enjoyed going out for Halloween this year. A friend gave us her son's old costumes and so, our child was Superman!!

*Superman and his heavy bag of treats. Do you dig the fake musculature? LOL

He said "Trick or Treat" and "Happy Halloween" and was excited to receive a bounty of chocolate. I also used some of his stash to feed the rounds of kids coming through our area. A few days before I was thinking how I wanted an alternative to just giving candy and came across The Teal Pumpkin Project on Apartment Therapy. The actual teal colored pumpkin lets kids with allergies know there are alternative treats for them at that particular house. I am happy to say a house around the corner form me had the pumpkin prominently displayed on their porch. I did not have a teal pumpkin, but thanks to that post I added glow sticks and stickers to our treats and they were a HUGE hit, especially the glow sticks. (Thank you to Michael's for selling a pack of 12 glow sticks for a buck. I bought 4 and only had 6 left, but that is because I do not put everything out all at once.) I will definitely be doing the same thing again next year.

Hope you all have a happy weekend.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment