Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Has Come and a Special Visitor

Leaves are everywhere. The temperatures are cooler. My garden is giving its last hurrah while the trees prepare to slumber. I have to say I am impressed with the marigolds hanging tough considering their seeds come from Spain and I would figure this recent chill would have killed them by now.



In honor of fall I am making a roasted cauliflower soup with cumin for dinner tonight.

And we have a little guest that has been hanging around since Friday.



I adore the Praying Mantis, don't you? We first spotted it when my son almost ran it over with his toy car.

 The next day it appeared among the Baptisia leaves.

Today it was on the rocks by the lavender. I hope it is going to lay eggs somewhere. Little Mantises for everyone! Or at least for me :) Japanese beetles be gone!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment