Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Black Bean Burgers

Hands down these were the best black bean burgers I have ever had and ever made.
Let me tell you what my modifications to the recipe were.

I used two cans of beans so it is just under 3 cups and it made no difference.
I made smaller patties and got way more than 8. Yea for leftovers!!
On a recommendation from someone, I used cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper in stead of liquid smoke and lemon pepper. I think you can have a lot of fun swapping out flavors so by all means, go wild.
I also added some cumin to the onions while cooking. What a wonderful, warm smell in the kitchen.
We ate these on regular whole what sandwich bread with ketchup.
I made roasted corn on the cob to go with them and it was perfect.

Now go and fetch thee The Prudent Homemaker's recipe for Black Bean Burgers. I highly recommend you make them for a meal soon. Best part is it is not an expensive meal to make and it is nice and healthy.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment