Monday, August 11, 2014

Remake

I am not someone who is a big fan of remakes. The Women? 1939 did it so much better. Stepford Wives? Don't shame me. And may God smack around the fool that attempts to remake Gone With The Wind.
Now the 1954 Sabrina? I liked it, but I did not love it. As for the 1995 remake, I adored it. I am sure there is someone somewhere clutching their pearls right about now so I apologize and please let go. I do not recall what it was, perhaps it was the settings or the costumes or the way the story went. And while I like Humphrey Bogart as an actor, I preferred Harrison Ford's version of Linus Larrabee.
Classic movies and I are usually much better friends, but this time, the remake won out for moi.
Plus,  the 1995 version introduced me to the superb French beauty Fanny Ardant. I want to smolder like she does.


Are there remakes you loved and/or hated or preferred over the revered original?

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment