Friday, July 25, 2014

TGIF!

Hope that you all have woken up to lovely weather and are ready for the weekend!

In contrast to the Texas mega-closet story I posted yesterday, it has been discovered that the popstar, Miss BeyoncĂ©,  has been quietly funding a homeless shelter in Houston for the past five years without seeking any fanfare. Philanthropy well done indeed.

This looks like a very tasty Grilled Jalapeno and Lime Shrimp recipe.

It is never too early to make homemade Christmas gifts. This beginner sewing pocket tote from Craft Snob is very nice.

I have been toying with making my own deodorant. We were buying a really awesome homemade deodorant, but it cost $10 every few months and let us be honest, that is a tad pricey. For now I have just been using rubbing alcohol on my arm pits which works for a bit, but it does have a tendency to fail and while I do not think my smell is that bad, I do not want to offend those around me. The Nerdy Farm Wife shares her easy peasy homemade natural deodorant recipe that I may give a go. Her site also has ton of other recipes you can do with flowers.

If you are in the market for a vacation home, hahahahaha who isn't??, Hooked on Houses has five lovely choices from Maine.

And apparently I have been living under a rock for I had no idea that Master Gardener extraordinaire, Margaret Roach, existed and has a blog. Hooray! I ordered her book "The Backyard Parables" from my library yesterday and cannot wait to start reading.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Cheers!
MissFifi




No comments:

Post a Comment