Monday, June 9, 2014

A Bounty of Food


This past Thursday was the "opening day" pick up for our half share from the CSA. Here is what we got.
A huge tomato, green onions, beets, parsley, radishes, spinach, lettuce, asparagus and kale.
Fabulous!
I admit I always feel a small amount of pressure to get everything prepared so nothing goes to waste. I made salad the first night which was great and I still have some left for lunch today. Tonight I will roast the asparagus and make some fish and perhaps Israeli cous cous as well. Then I need to make plans for everything else.
The biggest bonus for me is that no one else eats beets so I can be a gluttonous fool. Whoo hoo!!!

Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. Looks like one of those 17th century still life paintings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. If only I painted that well too.

    ReplyDelete