Skip to main content

Wintry Wednesday

Things are much better here. Let me just say I am very fortunate to have the husband I have. I could not imagine being married to someone that I was not able to talk to or be honest with. My writing will continue, just not yet. There a few things that need to be taken care of that have been stalled here due to lack of time or lack of interest. Once that is done, the writing can commence!!

Just got informed that my 2005 Saturn ION is part of a massive recall. Good times there. Seems there is a slight ignition problem. If your key chain is a touch too heavy, the key can turn into the off position, causing car to shut down and you get in an accident without the luxury of having your airbags work because the car is technically "off". Apparently they knew of this issue for about TEN YEARS and yet did nothing. On my I can see the lawsuits now.

It is snowing. Again. I know it is still winter, but man, I am so done. Like, done beyond done. I do admit,  as I look out the window, the slow flurry is pretty. But I won't miss the snow when it is gone. Of course we will probably end up with a massive heatwave this summer and I will be begging for snow. Mother Nature, she is a funny gal.

I also am a little tired of fall/winter recipes. My body is pretty much gearing up for the switch to Spring/Summer foods and I admit, I am giddy. Sad to be tired of lentil soup isn't it? LOL I prefer to eat seasonally and we joined the CSA again. Yooray! So when we get kale and beets in our box, I think I am going to try making this pizza from Dishing Up The Dirt.

Beet Pesto and Kale Pizza

The idea of beet pesto sounds so delicious to me. I adore beets. Luckily my hubby hates them so it is a complete gorge fest for me. Tally ho!!

Also, if anyone is feeling way ambitious, these Paleo "Nutella" Fudge Squares from Kitchen Vignettes by Aube look delicious.

Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi