Monday, January 20, 2014

Movies and a Meal

In the past few weeks I finally got to see two major classic films I have always had on my list, but never got around to watching. Ironically, both pictures starred Jack Lemmon. First one I viewed was "The Apartment" and I LOVED it!! Loved Jack and Shirley MacLaine and everyone else in the film.


The second movie was "Some Like It Hot" and I am ashamed I have never seen it before because it was a pretty good laugh riot.



So we are due for some big time winter weather tomorrow. Snow, snow and yes, more snow.  I normally do not mind winter, but for some reason this year, I am pretty much over the bitter cold and want to see the daffodils. Not yet MissFifi, not yet.
Anyway, winter does mean delicious, hearty meals and with that I figured I would share a few soup recipes that I have not yet tried, but hope to at some point.

Sweet Potato Quinoa Stew with White Beans and Spinach from Dishing Up The Dirt looks so yummy and warm.

Fat Free Vegan has this tasty looking Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup. I want a bowl. Right. Now.

Frank at Memorie di Angelina posted a recipe for Carabaccia (Tuscan Onion Soup) and it has my mouth watering. Just hand me a loaf of bread and a bowl and leave me in the corner. Thank you.

Have a good evening and if you are in the line of snow like me, stay warm and safe!

Cheers!
MissFifi




No comments:

Post a Comment