Monday, January 27, 2014

Delicious Snack - Parsnips

Things are busy here as they are busy everywhere I am sure. It is pretty amazing how freezing temps makes you productive in ways you could not imagine. I found a solution to a sensory type blanket I have been working on for my godson. I am embarrassed that it has taken me as long as it has, but believe it or not, I had an epiphany and will now be able to complete it, hopefully by the weekend.

This past Sunday I was lucky enough to meet a dear friend at our favorite tea house which was wonderful.

Now it is Monday and routine is back.

Let's talk food shall we?
I had some parsnips hanging out in my bin and wanted to do something with them other than a soup or gratin or cook them with maple syrup. Deborah Madison, I am looking at you. See: Breakfast Parsnips

I did a search and came across Baked Parsnip Fries with Rosemary on Bon Appetit.

H-E-A-V-E-N.

They were not necessarily crispy and I did not care. They were damn delicious and I am looking forward to making them again. They would certainly make a nice side dish and I bet there are quite a few homemade dips that would go nice as well. So go ahead, have fun with them.

Okay my dears it is time for me to work a bit on my novel, then shower.

Cheers!
MissFifi

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Miss Fifi,
    We LOVE parsnip fries! This recipe sounds even better---Can't wait to try them! I don't think parsnip fries are ever crispy unless deep fat fried. We have always baked our fries, as we try to eat 'healthy', and I think they are divine just as they are out of the oven!
    Cheers~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Wales they are called parsnip chips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would eat them anyway anyone makes them :)

      Delete