Thursday, November 14, 2013

What I Am Reading

Picked up three books from the library yesterday. The first one I actually browsed through when I got home was "Knitting Little Luxuries" from Louisa Harding. While the designs are pretty, I have to see if I have any comparable yarns in my stash since I am in no position to spend some bank on high quality yarns.

My other book is something I have wanted to get my hands on for a very long time.
Madeleine Vionnet by Betty Kirke.
I am excited to read all about this cutting edge fashion designer AND there are actual patterns in the book. Now, my sewing skills are not that great, but it would be something to recreate a dress of hers to wear. Dream Miss Fifi, dream!

On a few blogs I have read about the River Cottage series of books. Recently I decided to look them up and saw there was one on vegetables so I had my library get me a copy of River Cottage Veg: 200 Inspired Vegetable Recipes.

It rocks.

I cannot WAIT to make the kale and onion pizza or the spicy chickpea and carrot pita pockets. My husband liked what he saw so much that he wants to order us our own copy.

I am hoping to ship my knitted goods out to Ohio by the beginning of next week. I still have to make the actual pins, but thankfully the flowers are done for that already.

Hope your day is a good one.

Cheers!
MissFifiL

No comments:

Post a Comment