Friday, October 25, 2013

Still Unpublished

My short story did not get picked for publication.
Bummer.
I sort of expected it as I have never considered myself very good at writing short stories. Even so. When I saw that I was no longer in the running a touch of melancholy ran over me. Then a small panic kicked in that I needed to finish my latest novel ASAP. Then came the thought, "What I never will get published? Maybe I am not supposed to write. Maybe my career or life's work is that of wife and mother." Not that there is anything wrong with that job, but when one is creative, one constantly has an urge to achieve something.

Then I stopped.
I am far from wanting to be Superwoman like Ms. Lean In Sheryl Sandberg, but I can certainly be a mom, wife and writer. Do I care if I get published? Sure, but I also believe luck and timing have a lot to do with it. There are many poorly written books out there that do well. Why? Because they had/have an audience. Same goes for brilliantly done novels. Not every writer hits a home run out of the gate. They may do a steady trot with a nice sized audience. I would prefer that to be truthful. Build up a nice body of work with devout fans. Yes, I dare to dream

So there it is. I am not giving up, though I am incredibly stalled due to my situation, but hey, I will adapt. And I may even give writing another short story a shot because, what have I got to lose?

On a completely different note: I made this Curry Tofu Over Swiss Chard. I used a whole thing of tofu and I forgot the garam masala, but it still tasted delicious.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Cheers!
MissFifi

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your visit, and comment - which struck a chord. A big one.
    I love your determination and wish you luck and fun with it. And the tofu and Swiss Chard sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete