Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ants and Gratin (Not together of course)

For some reason, ants have decided that my draining pads are a great resource for water. I now can no longer leave things out to dry because I will undoubtedly attract these odorous house ants. This frustrates the hell out of me because this means there is a nest close by or in the wall of my home.
Aces.
To the right of my kettle, on the other side of the boxed wall section is where there is cayene pepper, which does NOT work, and where the ants come through. That is also where our toaster oven sits and oddly enough, they ignore it, more eager for the water.

I am not an ant hater, but I do not want them crawling all over everything. I found them in the cabinet about a month back roaming through a box of graham crackers. Nothing like that is even kept in the cabinets now, but I am still contending with them and their water desires. Pain in the asses. Ah well.

Tonight I made a roasted cauliflower gratin from a recipe posted by The Shiksa in the Kitchen. Seriously, what an awesome name. I added purple carrots from our CSA to the mix and it was mighty tasty. Go on, make yourself some.

Roasted Cauliflower Gratin

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment