Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today's Favorite Quote

My 19 month toddler is going through sleep regression with his naps. Yes That's right. Refusal to rest because he may miss something like Hugh Jackman coming over to play. (Hey, I have to fantasize when I am frazzled.) I understand that for his growing little mind it is hard to comprehend that when he wakes up, all things will be there and he can continue playing and living life. So while he panics thinking things will happen that are so exciting he must scream so he can stay up and not miss them, Mama would like a very stiff drink.
The good news is after howling like a wounded harpy he finally nodded off.
Mama still could use a drink. A Bloody Mary or Gin and Tonic would be best. Send Hugh to the front door with it please.

Last night I remarked to my husband how this quote absolutely applies to me.

"I write a little every day, without hope and without despair." - Isak Dinesen

Gotta keep your humor at all times right? I am now going to bust into a bag of Ghirardelli milk and truffle squares in place of the much desired alcohol.

These Gin Marinated Olives from 101 Cookbooks would be a nice treat.

Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. 19 months - you need alcohol. Yesterday, I met two generations of babies that began to walk at 6 and 7 months, and one of them has a 3 month one which is showing the same tendencies. I met them in a pub...

    ReplyDelete