Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fini

Hold onto your hats and panties, I have finished my short story.

You hear that rumble? I think God just passed out.

Seriously, I finished some time after ten o'clock last night. Well, I actually reworked the last paragraph this morning, but it is done and now I need to send it off to Glimmer Train. It may not be what they are looking for, but just knowing it is done and that I can email it for publication or rejection is wonderfully exhilarating. It also now allows me to get back to working on my novel. Those characters and I have not been together for a month or so, but they have not been far from my mind. I so look forward to immersing myself back in their world. Creation is a funny thing. You really do get tied up into these people that you alone have given life to Even if it is historical fiction, you are giving words to say a Henry the 8th or Edith Wharton. You are giving them their voice and their personalities for all to see.
In my case, I have taken very well known figures, God being one of them, and gave them the attitudes and actions that I have always believed was inside them all. This of course has made them like old friends/enemies and I miss them and their antics and their dialogue. You know, if you did not know better, you would perceive me as Sybil and call the doctors. (That was some film too.)

Well, with hubby on vacation this week we are off to visit some friends for the day. A nice way to relax indeed.


Today's Recipe from Annie's Eats: Roasted Fig Flatbreads with Chevre and Greens.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment