Monday, July 22, 2013

A Monday Quickie

Heatwave is pretty much done. Hooray!!

Got to play with some friends this weekend which was very nice and fun.

This Wednesday I have the pleasure of getting my right gum cut open to clean out a growing abscess under a root canal. Oh joy. I do not feel it or anything, but it showed up on the x-ray and it is nice gaping pocket of pus. I just started 500mg amoxicillin 4 times a day and I have to take it for seven days. I am not excited about having lots of novocaine and a knife in my mouth, but better to repair then get an implant I guess. My luck they will cut me open and then realize I need an implant anyway. The correct term for what I am having done is called an apicoectomy. All I have to say is, thank goodness we have dental insurance, though the endodontist  does not take our insurance. They will submit anyway and MetLife will cover a certain amount and we go from there. Remember to floss kiddies!

A friend sent a nice recipe for Blueberry Bars. They come courtesy of the website Douglicious and boy do they look scrumptious.


If you are feeling saucy, I found a video of a laser apicoectomy. I am not sure if I am having laser surgery, though I do know the endodontist does these like once or twice a week. As a nursing friend once said, "You want a surgeon who does *filling surgical procedure here* all the time, not someone who does them a few times a year." I just hope the whole thing goes well and quickly and that I am all good.



Cheers!
MissFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment