Skip to main content

On The Mend and Good Finds

We are doing better here. Though my little guy was exhausted after being up for only an hour and a half is now napping. Which is good. He needs his rest to heal.
Because I have been busy doing housework, I sound positively fifties, and then got sick I have not been up to sitting down and working on the my novel. Or I should say, I am not able to focus correctly an that  sucks. Sure I can bang out a blog post, but my novel? Not so much. I am hoping that I am feeling better by this evening and can maybe start getting back to work.

In other somewhat odd news, I have braved the frontier and a few weeks ago removed myself from Facebook. I was sort of tired of reading the same political rants over and over, including my own. I was also made uncomfortable more than once by some of the reveals by people in regards to their marriages, kids, etc. Seriously, the amount of jaw dropping moments I experienced due to "high school" brawls on people's walls or worse was becoming more frequent. And finally, I am no fan of Zuckerberg and Co and the relentless ads and privacy changes. So yes, I bit the bullet. This may seem hypocritical since I am blogging and also have a Pinterest and Google+ account, but I feel more in control with those. Don't misunderstand me, I am no fool and know for sure that Google mines my data, but it doesn't feel as sleazy. Ah silly me :) Do I feel disconnected ? Yes, in a sense. The world operates in a social media platform so by leaving Facebook I have cut myself off. It is sad and freaky all at once. You are only as current as your last post I guess. C'est la vie.

Lighter topics time!
If I had chickens and skills to build, this Mid century modern chicken coop may be the way I go.



Veggie Belly has an interesting looking cookie recipe. Eggless Cornflake Cookies.

This updated 1820's Cape home in Vermont is beautiful, but it is the kitchen windows over the sink I am drooling over.


Purl Bee has a pattern for beautiful slip stitch dishtowels that would look great in your home or make a terrific gift.


Wheatless Energy Bars via Reebecki Supergirl.


Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!
MissFifi

Comments

  1. Thanks for including my Wheatless Energy Bars! I hope you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you for such a terrific recipe. I cannot wait to make them and a friend of mine is eager to make them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …