Skip to main content

Why Hello Again

Sorry I have been remiss. Things have been a tad busy here at the old homestead. Last week we got a new roof.  Thank God and Sweet Fancy Moses the cost, but necessary and worth it.
Today the mold remediation company came back out to reinspect what needs to be done since we had a new roof deck put in and because of the, the job will cost less. If I sound like I know what I am talking about good because I really don't know what a roof deck is and should Google that.

Writing is moving along. I went on a semi-bender with it this am when my son napped and would have kept going, but naps end and Mommyhood must go into effect at that moment. At least my story is taking on a different direction as I transfer it over to iAWriter. It is like the original was an outline and now I am writing the actual story. Sometimes I think I chose this profession to torture myself into thinking I can really tell an interesting story. Other times I think I do it because I have the hubris to believe I am pretty good. Ah ego, such a deceiving and friendly creature ain't she?

The rain had been nonstop and I feel bad for the little guy because he has become accustomed to going out every day to run around. I may take him for a ride over to a friend's house and drop stuff off that belongs to them. This way he gets a small change and I keep my sanity. Presently he is carrying around a truck and I think he is about to torture our Jack Russell. Lord help me. It is all a ploy so I will move her to the couch and he can romp in her dog bed. Yes, he loves the dog bed. Sans dog of course.

I found this Italian food blog yesterday called Memorie di Angelina. There is a pretty spot on post about what to keep in The Italian Pantry, though I do not keep lard. I have read store bought lard sucks so one can render there own. If that is what you choose to do, good for you because I bet it will taste a million times better than what the supermarket offers.

I made delicious homemade potato chips yesterday from a recipe in the cookbook Barefoot Contessa Parties! Thank you Dinner and Conversation blog for having the recipe up so I do not have to retype it from the book. LOL  I did not preheat my sheets and it did take a little longer than the allotted time to get done, but when they were? OH MY!! My hubby was lucky we saved him some.
 Rori's Potato Chips

I am actually shocked, shocked I tell you, that I really like this house in the San Francisco Hills. The understated opulence is so not me that it is frightening that I would live here and change nothing.
Houzz Tour

That is all my lovelies, my child beckons me with an irritated whine.

Cheers!
MissFifi


Comments

  1. A child's whine.....
    Give me sciatica anyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take a gin and tonic actually.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi