Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Mish Mash of Things

Apparently some people think putting a working chandelier over the tub is a good idea. How about no? Remodelaholic is a little more eloquent than I am on the matter.

Remodelaholic - Electricity and Bathroom Chandeliers

The other night I made this delicious dish using soy chorizo and threw in a few sundried tomatoes: White Beans with Chorizo

I have yet to make this, but the fact that I can make a vegetarian version of panna cotta is awesome.

Daily Bites blog has a great post about Brain Fuel: Food for Healthy Minds Ironically, my son eats most of these healthy snacks and me, only sometimes. I need to work on that apparently. :)


Let me end with a small rant. I get why gun control laws are a hot issue, but let's be honest, all the laws in the world will not help those that are just downright negligent. I have to believe more gun owners are responsible and know how to care for and store their firearms. For those that do not, well, unfortunately there are no stupidity clauses that we can add to any bill that will save anyone from serious accidents. (See Toms River NJ and Tennessee.) I will never understand who the hell keeps a loaded gun in their house, let alone assumes that everyone has taught their kids not to touch a gun or respect a gun. When it comes to firearms, it is better off thinking everyone would be careless than assume everyone is well versed in firearms and can handle one.
And yes, I do feel horrible for everyone involved and yes accidents do happen, but these two particular ones are tough because two small children are now scarred for life due to their actions.

Okay, maybe a rant is a bad way to end a post, let me do this instead. My husband did a version of this vertical wall planter next to our front door this weekend and it looks fabulous. Our lattice is narrower and I still have to get the dirt and flowers, but it adds such a nice touch to the porch. Thank you Cape 27 blog for such an awesome DIY project!



Cheers!
MissFifi






No comments:

Post a Comment