Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday

It is sad that, as a writer, I could not come up with a more enticing title, but I have so much on my mind that I figured I could let it go and be fine.

My son has decided that morning naps are so yesterday so I am contending on dealing with a dropped nap. It is fine since he can self-entertain a lot, for some reason the open refrigerator is a ton of fun, but the wasted electricity is not so I have to encourage him to shut the door and this is with lots of voiced displeasure. He is also hungrier because of this extra exciting activity. I am hoping he will nap nice and long this afternoon, but I am not holding my breath.

Even though I pretty much know the whole story, I borrowed the book "The Help" from a friend. So far I like the pace, it goes quick and it does hold my interest. Of course racial tensions as a topic do not make it light reading, but if I wanted bubbly and happy I would have chosen something else.

This past weekend my brother and husband ripped up the damaged Pergo flooring in our kitchen from where our radiator had leaked. Right now I have three types of flooring in my kitchen. Half Pergo and two types of blue and white vinyl tiles. I despise Pergo, let alone poorly laid Pergo, but it will have to do until we redo the kitchen one day.

In light of looking and checking out various renovation, check out this gorgeous job done on a rundown island cottage.

What a great idea for old sheets! DIY Upcycled Rag Rug

I do not crochet, but this pretty pattern on Fiber Flux for the Cherries In Bloom Infinity Scarf is something I would make if I did.

While I love all things real estate, there are times when an unusual set up or unusual decor catches a person's eye. Hooked On Houses has a few of these gathered in this post here.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment