Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Roasted Chickpea Snack

I love snacks. I do. Then again, I think most people enjoy something to nosh on now and then. For me, I prefer to have a somewhat healthy type of snack in my house. White Cheddar Puffs by Sage Valley, while they are not as bad as say those orangy doodles, they are just as addicting and you will eat a whole bag so hence that is the "unhealthy" slant to them. LOL Seriously though, they are absolutely yummy and you cannot hold me responsible for going out and buying them at Shop Rite when on sale.

One of my favorite snacks to make are roasted chickpeas. I usually use chickpeas I have soaked overnight, but you can use a can. I would recommend using two cans because they are delicious and you will not stop eating just a few. I had to put my freshly made batch in some Tupperware so that my husband gets to have some. It pained me as I could have easily sat there and grazed on them all day. Or in half an hour. ;-) The recipe I used came from AllRecipes.com and is called Simple Roasted Chickpea Snack. You can vary the spices to your taste, but I am warning you, they are quite tasty and a great staple for when you have friends over or for a cocktail party or even just for yourself. Enjoy!

Simple Roasted Chickpea Snack


Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! That does sound yummy. My current snacking weakness is popcorn :)
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn always just smells so choice :)

    ReplyDelete