Monday, February 25, 2013

Pumpkin and Ginger Scones

I had 1/2 a cup of pumpkin left from the Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread, which was yummy but I cheated and added chocolate chips. So I went on a search for a pumpkin scone recipe and found one in the NY Times and dare I say it was just delicious. It is not that sweet so if that is what you want, this is not for you. You could make it sweet by adding some kind of icing I am sure, but I chose to follow the recipe, the only change being that I used soy milk instead of regular milk. I also did it by hand instead of using food processor and used a glass to cut them out into nice circles instead of triangles. They were definitely a tasty accompaniment to my Irish Breakfast Tea and I will make them again. Thank you Martha Rose Shulman :)




Cheers!
MissFiFi

No comments:

Post a Comment