Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Manchet Bread

As I continue watching The Supersizers, I am doing the 70's right now and it takes me back to my childhood and makes me laugh, I was intrigued by an Elizabethan bread called Manchet. An interesting tidbit is that the whiter the bread, the more desirable and the more expensive it was. As someone who loves her bread, I did a quick search and found various sites with recipes. I have chosen to link to a UK site called Recipewise which calls itself an encyclopedia for the best in British and Irish modern cooking & authentic and regional recipes. I do love that they let you search by regions and I will have to spend some more time there soon.

I am not sure when or if I will give this bread a try, but if you do, please share how it comes out.


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment