Friday, January 11, 2013

Coconut Oil

I have become a little obsessed with the health benefits and uses of coconut oil. While I was never a fan of the coconut candy bars or the shredded stuff sold for cakes or cookies, fresh coconut is lovely. Actually, the smell of coconut oil or coconut butter just makes me swoon.
This morning I made chocolate chip pancakes using that fantastic eggless pancakes recipe and I added pumpkin spice and used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.

Sing with me people! It was fabulous!

Now I am on a quest to locate more recipes incorporating coconut oil. It seems I can substitute it in all kinds of baking instead of using butter or even my earth balance bars. I want to give it a go with my beloved scones. If that works, coconut oil will become a full blown staple in our house.
I did also use some to rub on my ridiculously dry hands and lips and it was heavenly.

Here are links to some sites with recipes and a heap of information regarding types of coconut oil to buy, how to substitute it for butter or oils and the fat content.

How to Bake with Coconut Oil

Baking with Coconut Oil: Our 10 Favorite Recipes

FAQS on coconut oil and how to use it


Happy baking, cooking, moisturizing. Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment