Monday, January 21, 2013

A quick thought or two

Hope you all had a nice weekend. It is getting a bit chilly, okay freezing, in New Jersey. So we are bundled and toasty and keeping in layers since oil prices are offensive.  Anyway, I am not here to talk weather, how boring, but to just share a few things I have come across then I must dash off to get some things done.

First off, I have a serious love/hate relationship with Facebook. Because of that I have begin to tread the waters of Tumblr. I like that the arts promoted heavily there and some of the blogs are pretty funny. I have only just started posting and I think I am going to mostly focus on lovely things and places. It does not mean I am abandoning my ideas of simple living or frugality or homesteading or what have you. Life has a lot to offer and sometimes we all like to look at dream of having an elaborate gardens even when we only have a patch of grass to cultivate. So if you want to check it out here is where you go.

My love for sweet potatoes continues and I think I need to add this my must make list. A nice gluten free Sweet Potato Lentil Pot Pie with a Corn Biscuit Crumble Topping. Yum!

Want to know how our Mid-19th century ancestors survived freezing temperatures without electricity?  Passion for the Past has a most fascinating post about that topic.

The Anglophile in me loves this from Liberty London. Sadly, I do not needlepoint/cross stitch/whatever this may be, so I just have to admire the picture. 
They do have some gorgeous fabrics and if I sewed more, let's just say I would be having fun.

Until next time! 

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment