Skip to main content

Yes it is Tuesday

And I am a tad overwhelmed. My son keeps climbing the stairs which I think is great, but he does need to learn to get down as well and there are 13 of them. At the top of the stairs, to the right in a cover, there is the cats litter box and littler tray. Needless to say the child wants to put his hand on the tray. When Mommy says "No" she is mean and unfair. So, we need to put the gate up at the top of the stairs. I would rather prevent a litter box mishap for now and let him keep learning to climb the stairs with me in tow. I also see it as a good work out for me so it is sort of a win-win here.

Middle east still fighting. I feel like that will go on for centuries and I want no part in it because quite frankly, who the hell am I to comment on an issue that has nothing to do with me let alone, I do not fully understand. I could say split Israel in two ad let the Israelis have their area and the Palestinians theirs, but that makes no one happy. Good thing I never pursued that career in Politics and International Relations.

This  squirrel nut cracker is really cute.

The novel is going well considering how sporadic my chances to write are. That's okay, I had to make peace with that and so I do my best to work as fast as I can when I get the chance. I find my writing improving, but I need to finish this so I can send it out and be done with the stories and characters. I have enjoyed them and love them, but they need to be released onto the unsuspecting public and let them be loved or hated. This is also why writing a series does not work for me. At some point it is best to say Good bye to what you have created and let exist in a good way and not dragged on for years just to make a buck. Yes, I am sure I just offended someone but too bad. Tom Clancy is not weeping in his cereal because of what I say.

My netbook is on its last legs which blows, BUT I have a Google Chromebook on its way to save the day. Nice rhyming there right? Why not a Mac you ask? Because we do not have a lot of cash, the Mac Book Air is $1100 bucks which slays me, and what I use my computer for is simple. Writing, email and internet stuff. No major graphics or film making. James Franco I am not.

This looks pretty and tasty!

I really want to decorate our front door and two front windows this year for the holidays. I would like to do garland around the frame or two boxwoods in planters flanking either side of the door, but I think I am too late. Things are way over priced now and I can't find much that makes me go "YES! YES! THAT IS IT!" I still would like to do something nice since it is the little man's first Christmas, so I am on a sort of quest to find decorations that will bring a little extra oomph of holiday spirit to our home.

LOVE THIS


Cheers!
MissFifi








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Irish pensioner living in a 280-year-old cottage with no modern conveniences

Irish pensioner who lives like we all used to back in the day. Good for her. Read here.

Sometimes it is best to disconnect. To get back to the land, to remove ourselves from the news, read a book, or just take a walk and be present.

Side note: I have to admit that running water and flush toilets are my most favorite inventions so camping is clearly out for me. :)

Have a great day.

Cheers!
MissFifi