Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gifts of Yummy Goodness

Everybody loves gifts, but one thing I would like to extol is what I consider one of the best gifts, the gift of food. Any kind of food. Homemade, store bought, but all of us need to be mindful of the vegetarians/vegans/Diabetics/Celiac disease, etc. No one wants to get steak when they are vegan or loaves of bread that is not gluten free. I know it seems like a real hassle, but try to approach it as a unique way to show you care. Think of the fun you can have as you make a neat gift basket or a little gift bag of goodies that will be appreciated by the recipient. I have added some recipes that adhere to certain dietary issues. Most are homemade, so maybe my next post will be gifts to purchase :) Enjoy!

Fig & Olive Tapenade.  Yes please!



I would love to get fudge as a gift as it is something I would never make myself.

Apricot Rosemary Jam just sounds pretty and would be nice packaged with some muffins or scones.

Tea is always a welcome gift.

Rose Petal Granola sounds elegant and presented in a nice glass jar would make a lovely gift.

Chocolate Dipped Peppermint and Walnut Biscotti. Oh my!


Rainbow Bean Mix in a Quart jar with an attached recipe is a very thoughtful gift.

Sparkling Cranberries

Sweet and Hot Pepper Jelly from Bad Mama Genny and as she says, it is not for the bedroom ;-)

I have a lavender fetish. A friend made Lavender Jam once which was just delicious. I also grow lavender but have not harvested any. Maybe one day, but in the meantime, this recipe is just pure decadence to me.
Lavender and Espresso Truffles from Tartelette. She has quite a few Gluten Free recipes that look divine.


Spiced Mulling Syrup.

Cinnamon Tea Cake for the vegan in your life.

Gluten Free Thin Apple Tart.

Cranberry Nut Tea Cake from Diabetic Gourmet Magazine.

No Bake Double Chocolate Torte is a vegetarian, vegan, soy free and gluten free recipe.

Cheers!
MissFifi



1 comment: