Sunday, October 14, 2012

Post From Another Blog

Rhonda at Down To Earth wrote a post that resounded with me and many others. She touched on how violent society seems to be today and I think a lot of us would agree that apathy has become more commonplace than empathy. I know I sometimes wonder how we have become so detached, so unfeeling and so desiring 15 minutes of fame without caring about the consequences of getting there. That of course is reality tv's fault, but still, we all have our own minds and it seems like a lot of folks no longer use their brains to think of anything but fame, fortune and power. I get scared because I am now a parent. I have been scared because I have watched the world, like many others, become more hostile, volatile and down right ugly at time over the simplest issues, not just the grandest ones. We must be the change we want in the world or we will not have anyone else to blame, but ourselves.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS

"Civility, respect and responsibility need to be a big part of what we teach our children, and more importantly, what we model for them. Grace seems to have disappeared from our lives and we need her to return."


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment